DURA-PACK PACKAGING SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVE AWARD – SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY
We are proud to offer our 2020 scholarship award opportunity. We are seeking to reward essay applicants $3,000 in scholarship funds. The scholarship is open to students that are either entering or are already enrolled in an accredited college or university. As a leading manufacturer of flexible packaging bags and equipment, we are consistently striving to adopt and implement environmentally friendly manufacturing practices and have tailored our essay topics to reflect our “Green” initiatives. We have thoughtfully designed our essay topics to focus on environment and sustainability issues that are extremely prevalent today. We are strong believers that we are all stewards of the environment and that it is imperative that corporations adopt socially and environmentally responsible practices and ideologies.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS ARE FREE TO CHOOSE AN ESSAY TOPIC FROM THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Going Green – Why should more companies adopt environmentally friendly packaging?
- Do packaging recycling programs really work?
- The future of sustainable packaging.
- How do we reduce packaging waste in the world’s oceans?
ESSAYS WILL BE JUDGED USING THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Creativity (40%)
- Structure (20%)
- Grammar (10%)
- Length (10%)
- Adherence to Topic (10%)
- Wow Factor – Does the essay “wow” the reader for one reason or another (10%)
- Essays should be submitted in MS Word format.
- Essays should contain a minimum of 500 words.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in either high school, university or
college as a full-time student (2019-2020 school year).
- Employees and relatives of Dura-Pack are ineligible.
- There will be three contest submission dates. To be eligible for the 2020 Dura-
Pack Academic Scholarship, submit your essay by one of the submission
- Round 1 Application Deadline: April 1st - Award Date: May 1st
- Round 2 Application Deadline: August 1st - Award Date: September 1st
- Round 3 Application Deadline: December 1st - Award Date: January 1st
- The scholarship award winner will be required to provide proof of successful acceptance to an accredited college or university. Payment will be made directly to the applicant’s college or university. If you have additional questions or comments, please contact us.
Your participation in the Dura-Pack scholarship is voluntary and you may choose to withdraw your submission at any time. To be considered for the scholarship you are required to submit data electronically. Your application grants Dura-Pack, its agents and/or representatives’ permission to use and post the following information: the applicant’s name, attending college, college photo, email, award amount and essay on www.dura-pack.com or in other marketing communications, including but not limited to website, newsletters, social media and press releases.
Dura-Pack may use your contact information to confirm receipt of your application, to gather more information if there are questions regarding your application, to send you notifications regarding your status, or for communication necessary pertaining to application. All sensitive information relating to all applicant’s eligibility is destroyed as soon as a winner is confirmed and announced. Applicants email address or phone number will not be used for any marketing purposes.
You need to choose options for your item for estimaste shipping